Is there anything better than a hearty, flavorful bowl of delicious beans and rice topped with all your favorite delectible add-ons? But I get so annoyed when all the recipes have 25 ingredients. I know it doesn’t take much to make pinto beans taste amazing. I want something simple!
Well, if you’re looking for an easy, delicious beans and rice recipe that uses only 4 simple ingredients and comes together super quick, you’ve found it!
Before you go on, pin this recipe to Pinterest so you can find it again later!
Okay, technically if you include the salt and pepper it’s 6 ingredients, but I don’t count them because every recipe uses salt and pepper!
This recipe is flavorful, filling, and uses as few ingredients as possible to bring dinner together for very little money without skimping on flavor.
We gobble this dish up and it’s even more delicious when topped with our favorite toppings of cheddar cheese, sour cream, and a little cilantro.
The best part about this recipe is it only costs about $4.50 to make before toppings! What’s not to love?
Ready to dive into the recipe?
Here’s the easiest, simplest, best ever beans and rice recipe you’ll ever taste. You’re going to love this!
4 Ingredient Delicious Beans and Rice
- 46 oz Canned Pinto Beans
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Cup Salsa
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 Cups White Rice
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Drain the pinto beans and rinse them off. Add to a large soup pot.
- Add chicken stock, cumin, salsa, salt and pepper to the pot. Turn heat to medium/high, cover with a lid, and bring to a slow simmer.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in a rice cooker or pot according to package directions. I like Jasmine rice for this recipe but any rice will work.
- Simmer the beans until heated through and flavors come out, about 20 minutes. Add additional seasonings if desired.
- Serve beans over rice and add favorite toppings such as salsa, cheese, sour cream, cilantro and avocado.
Looking for more meal inspiration? Join my monthly readers and get a FREE meal idea calendar sent to your email inbox every month with super simple dinner ideas like beans and rice, hamburgers, Caesar salad, etc.
It’s free. It comes to your inbox once a month. Monthly meal planning done for you. What could be better?
Did you make and enjoy this recipe? Please let us know! Your reviews help others know if they should try this recipe!