We’re gonna get Donna Meagle and Tom Haverford up in here today and give you cheap or free ways to treat yourself. Why? Because no matter where you are on your financial journey, you need to take time out to treat yo’ self!
Even if you’re on a tight budget or don’t have a lot of extra coin, you can treat yourself in so many ways without spending much money!
Treating yourself is not just about buying things (though that’s great too!), it’s also about taking care of your mind, body and soul.
So make some of these ideas part of your routine. Your self-care and mental health are so important and worth taking care of.
These ideas are for any budget!
We’re not talking trips to the Galapagos or a Birkin Bag. We’re here to give you free or cheap ways to treat yo’ self that are accessible to everyone.
I’m also going to share some of my favorite treat yourself quotes. Hopefully they will inspire you! Enjoy!
Related reading: 51+ Creative Ways to Save Money This Month
Here Are 40 Ways to Treat Yo’ Self for Free or Cheap and They’re Totally Worth It!
- Take a nap
- Check out a book at your library
- Take a walk and/or a hike
- Visit your favorite bar and grab one drink
- Go out for happy hour with yo’ boo
- Visit a local park and have a picnic
- Watch Netflix mindlessly
- Splurge on a manicure
- Check out Groupon for discounted massages
- Take a local group class
- Meditate with YouTube or a meditation app
- Sweat it out at a drop-in yoga class
- Grab a handful of Epsom salts, light a candle and enjoy a hot bubble bath
- Slather on a face mask and relax
- Go to Target with a $10 limit and enjoy the dollar section
- Carve out time to do a hobby you love
- Go get your locks a quick trim
- Call a friend/family member and have a good conversation with them
- Organize your space and enjoy a clean environment
- Hang out with animals
- Make a new meal with your significant other and buy the fancy ingredients
- Try a new wine/beer/beverage
- Make your favorite meal at home
- Get an adult coloring book and go to town
- Plant something
- Learn a new craft or hobby that you’ve always wanted to try
- Rearrange the furniture in your bedroom for new feng shui
- Take yourself out on a dinner date (solo)
- Get your favorite coffee and sit outside to enjoy
- Pop popcorn and watch your favorite movie
- Write in a journal — maybe try out some poetry!
- Make a vision board – virtually or in real life
- Plan a road trip or future vacation
- Get new PJs or socks
- Buy yourself lacy lingerie
- Turn off your phone for an hour
- Go for a drive and take in a scenic route
- Indulge in your favorite ice cream
- Visit a local museum or attraction
- Buy yourself flowers (Trader Joes and Costco are the best place for this)
All 40 of these free or cheap ways to treat yourself might not be fine leather goods, expensive fragrances or a Batman suit, but they are sure to leave you feeling rejuvenated, pampered and ready to take on whatever is coming your way!